Sunday, August 27, 2006

Bald Or Mullet?

I hope this rant finds you well.

Baldness, it's celulite for men. Yeah, bald can be cool but take a poll of 100 bald guys and I bet you 99 of them say they wish they still had hair.

BUT, pose this question and it's a whole different ball game. Tell a bald guy he can have hair but it HAS TO BE A MULLET.

Now, you see what I'm saying. Bald or mullet. I gotta say I'd stick with bald (and I'm acknowledging I have no choice in the matter). I guess I'm semi lucky enough to have a decent shaped head, albeit very large.

These poor bastards that go bald to reveal a skin covered skull that looks like volcanic rock from the Pompeii disaster....well I feel for them.

No, I don't have a head like say John Luke Picard from Star Trek, but I have been told a few times that I look better bald. You know what? At 38 years old I can finally see it. Yeah, I'm a big boy I can take it.

But then I think, maybe it's just getting older and accepting my hairless fate. Well, I say hairless, I'm covered in hair everywhere else except my head.

When I was around 21 someone told me I was going to go bald, and I freaked. I even bought the version of minoxodil before it was minoxodil.

At 25'ish I went to a hair replacement clinic even though I still had a ton of hair. I went in and there were around 6-8 bald guys all around 40-50 years in age. They looked at me like a traitor, like "you've got hair you little whipper snapper, get out!" but I stayed for my free consult and the Hair Tech was very sympathetic aobut my impending mr. clean look. She said they would cut the hair that I have now off, put 4 snaps into my skull(!!!) and then pick a hairpeice that fits my lifestyle. Now, at this point I was over anything that has to do with snapping hair onto my head, but I hung around to get more of the scoop. Well, it costs about $1500.00 and you have to come in for periodic "maintenance", like a tune-up for hair.

Anyway, she shows me different hair styles and they are all bad, like child molestor bad, well except for the Shatner Turbo 2000, that was sweet. It was from the TJ Hooker days. But I don't look good in curly, tight, snap-on hair.

So, I told them no thanks and bolted.



I'm Snobby Bobby and now you know how I feel.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carver said...

You are definately in good company with bald. Think Yul Brynner in the King and I, not that I think you have delusions of grandeur and want to be a king or even Yul Brynner. I think anything we don't chose for ourselves can at least be an irritant and I'm glad that you have grown into your state of baldness. I hope that isn't presumptious of me to say. No worries about the photograph. I'll appreciate it whenever I get it. Cheers, Carver

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home